Thursday, May 24, 2007

The 24th of The Rest of My Life

Holy Moly it's been a long time since I've posted. It's interesting to me that the more that is going on in my life the less I feel like writing about it. Also worth noting and perhaps thinking about some day that I write so much less now that I'm sober. A coincidence? Probably, but not necessarily. Anyway, I'm really just getting around to saying that there has been a lot going on.

I had another birthday, and so did Andrew. We had a lovely party and delicious cupcakes and you're all jealous that you weren't there to eat them. No, seriously. If I have a wedding cake half as delicious as those cupcakes it'll be a miracle. From heaven. Or that I hired the same guy to make them.

VCU rejected me, for reasons that I may never fathom. For a couple days I thought the world was closing in on me, and I got all panicky and didn't get off the couch, and this was the same week that the Gilmore Girls went off the air, so there was a lot of crying to be done. But in my panic I reached out for every possibility of what to do with myself next year, and came up with some pretty good alternatives. A full time job at my current workplace, and maybe an apprenticeship working on costumes. So, it's not all lost.

Now I just need a new place to live and another dog and an mp3 player that works and for the world to invent a healthy cigarette and I'm back on top of the world!

1 comment:

lmn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.