Saturday, April 7, 2007

a mandate to blog

So I'm thinking a lot about shopping recently. I hate my clothes. Not in an "i think i'm fat i can't stand it" way, or in an "everything i bought was cool when i rocked it at age 19 and now just looks sad" way, but in an "i don't have a cohesive look and when i tell people i'm a fashion designer i just feel ashamed" way. This need for clothes is intersecting with my complete inability to buy things that were made in china. (okay, not complete, i did just buy that jean skirt from american eagle, but i really needed it and it was on sale). So i see cute stuff and I want to buy it and then I see that made in china label and my stomach sinks and I just can't pay 95 dollars for a skirt that was made in a sweatshop.

But there is not a great directory of where to find clothing online or even in person that isn't made with the blood of little girls, and I'm beginning to think that I must be the one to create this blog. The blog to tell you all where to shop. Because really, is there anything I like to do more than tell people what to do? No, not really.

2 comments:

lmn said...

What a great task! Please let me know if it pans out!

Ali and Evan said...

Please do, Son. If any one can do it you can. XOXOXO